#7-03, Level 7, Menara HSC,
187 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
What to Expect During a Dental Filling Procedure
What to expect during a dental filling procedure:
- Local anesthesia – at the beginning of your filling procedure, you may be given local anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth.
- Removal of tooth decay – then the dentist will cut through the enamel using a dental drill to remove any decay. After the dentist removes the decay, the dentist will shape the space to ready it for the filling.
- Etching – for a bonded filling your dentist will etch the tooth with an acid gel before placing the filling.
- Bonding agent application – for certain types of fillings the dentist will layer on the resin and harden it using a bright light. This makes it strong and retentive.
- Placement of filling material – the dentist will then place the filling material of choice and set it in place.
- Polishing – after the filling has been placed, the dentist will check your bite and polish the tooth.